Seedy Saturday - Planning and Playing

I have an iPad where I can use a pen to write on it. Which means I can actually do things in Photoshop on it...

Well...

Not really. I need a lot of time working with it in order to become more comfortable with using the pen and Photoshop.


But with winter sowing starting (and more this coming week), I have been thinking about how to maximize the garden in a more efficient manner.

Along the fence I will move the grape vine down by the blueberry bush (winter garden chore - prune blueberry bush). Then I want to get some rectangular bins and place them along the fence. I'll either put some netting up along the fence or run string up the fence. I'm going to plant sweet peas (the flowers) and some sugar snap peas in early spring. 

In front of those vines, I'll put my lettuce and spinach. I'll use smaller buckets in front of them to put herbs and flowers. If I have to I can move the small buckets out of the way to get to the larger bins. 

I'll keep a narrow walkway and put the same smaller buckets for green onions, flowers and herbs. The large blue tubs I'll put tomatoes and beans. 

Along the house I'll have more veggies and flowers. By the patio I want to put a couple of small trellis for my Japanese Morning Glories, Moonflower, and Cup and Saucer vines. 

I also think I'll put some of my flowers in buckets and set them in the front yard in the bed leading up to the front door. 

There will be a couple of large bins for potatoes, which Mr. Arizona is interested in. He also wants to grow some corn. 

But now I am watching my containers with my winter sowing in them. I think I spied some of the lettuce starting to germinate. 

So excited for my 2021 garden!

Comments

Popular Posts