Positive Focus Sunday - New Year 2021 Happenings

No, this isn't about a wild party I attended on New Year's Eve. Though I did stay up late (for me), it was about setting my intention of being accepting and moving forward in a happy and positive way in 2021.

One of the things I did was to write my last entry in my 5-year diary before flipping back to the front of the book. 





















I am starting on year 4 in the diary and this planner is 'chunky'! And I love it. 

Most of the days may have nothing but 'slow/busy day at work', but there is a lot of other tidbits of happenings over the past 3 years. I can't wait to add to it this year.

Another thing I did to get off to a positive start for the year was to count my change jars I have on my shelf. I wanted to see where I was at the start of the year and how much I add to them over the months. When I totaled up what was in my change jar, my $2 bill stash, the $5 challenge, and my $1 coins...well, I almost cried when I saw how much I had stashed away. NEVER have I had this much on hand.

Because of how things are going financially I was able to enjoy two nights at the beach recently and the trip to Montana is coming together nicely. And I am checking out the Bush-n-Vine CSA for Spring I. I'll get a weekly box of fruit and vegetables. I'll be using this to supplement what I will be growing. If it works out, I'll subscribe to future boxes. I'm subscribed to the extra-small box which is good for 1-2 people. 

I spent New Year's Eve after work setting up my altar for the New Year.


I had picked up some candles from Dancing Moon when I was in Raleigh this past week. I also did a couple of different card draws for 2021.
































I will spend a couple of days going over the cards and journaling my feelings and interpretation of them. However, I am feeling really up-beat about 2021 despite my card of the year being The Hanged Man. That card to me means to let go of all my old habits which have been holding me back and to surrender to the new status quo. According to BiddyTarot...

"The Hanged Man calls you to release the old mental models and behavioural patterns that no longer serve you so you can see your world from a new perspective and embrace new opportunities that would have otherwise been hidden from you if you didn’t hit the brakes."

I think what I am feeling these days is a cheerful, positive look at 2021. Yes, 2020 has sucked. But I am accepting this new normal and dealing with the ways I have to move through it. I'm not going to fight against it, but work with it. 

I hope you are looking forward with a positive eye in 2021. 

Comments

Popular Posts