Positive Focus Sunday - 2021 Vision Board

Besides my 'word of the year', I have created a Vision Board.

Vision boards were popularized by Oprah years ago. They normally involved cutting out pictures from magazines and glueing them to a poster board and hanging it on the wall. 

These days, I can't remember the last time I had an actual magazine in my hands, much less enough to cut out pictures for a vision board.

Enter Budget Girl and her tutorial for her vision board



Following her suggestion, it is now my wallpaper on my laptop and on my phone. Ok, I haven't scaled it for my phone correctly (yet), but it least I see enough of it to remind me of what I'm striving for. 

I have featured my home/finance plans in the top left corner. The top right corner are my personal goals. The bottom of the board contains my eating/body focus and the things I want to do with exploring and traveling. 

The Hanged Man tarot card is a reminder of a couple of things. One, I want to learn and use my tarot cards more. Second, the Hanged Man is my card of the year. It's all about gaining a new perspective on things and turning my life around. 

The bright green background is really cheerful to me and also soothing. Plus green signifies growth. Created in Canva, it was free and easy. I have a second page to this vision board which lists out the different things the icons signify. I could have added some text to the board, but I think I like it better without the text. 

I have had it on my computer now for the past couple of weeks and it doesn't just speak to me, it sings! 

Using Canva is easy, it's deciding what you really want in your life is hard.  If you haven't ever created a vision board in the past, or want to do one for 2021, using Canva to create one is really a fun and productive hour or so.   


Comments

Popular Posts