Seedy Saturday - Winter Sowing Update 1

Last Tuesday, the 5th, while I had Lady K at my house, I took a bit of a peek at my winter sowing. 


These were planted on the 19th of December, so two and a half weeks later, they have emerged and are growing nicely. 

Of course, the week this past week has turned colder, with the threat of snow in the forecast. Here in the South, snow is a 'threat' not something that happens. We tend to go 'SNOW' and run around like crazy people that the sky is falling. 

At peek into the opening on the milk jugs shows another set of lettuce going well.


Yep, I'll have a ton of lettuce this spring! Better start gearing up for eating a lot of salad (which I really need to do). 

Most of the lettuce I have planted are going to be picked as the leaves emerge - baby lettuce. They aren't really 'heads' of lettuce. 


I need to punch more holes in some of the containers, as the fungus around the stock seedlings show. But stock is the one flower I have planted which is starting to sprout.

However, my moonflower and sweet peas are 'swelling' and getting ready to sprout.

But now they will probably rest until the threat of snow passes and the temperatures warm up a bit. 

I am off work on tomorrow (Sunday) and will pull the bag of potting soil out of the back of the car and plant up more seeds - mainly poppies and morning glories. 







Comments

  1. how do you plant in milk jugs? I'm a long way off from planting, since I'm in Montana. But, on New Years Eve - in Montana - my friend and I were 'planning' our gardens.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts