Positive Focus Sunday - Sometimes Not Doing Is Just As Important

I belong to that generation of women who were brought to being told we can have and do it all. We could not only be housewives with a couple of kids, but also run a company or run marathons, all the while we are doing some creative endeavor. 

By creative endeavor, that means we are still doing the dishes, cooking the dinners, washing the clothes and doing all the other 'stuff'. 

It also means most of us women go through a mid-life crisis to re-evaluate our lives. Or just go plain crazy. 

Which brings me to this...


I haven't even counted the number of letters I have in my possession to answer. Like a couple dozen probably.

And it leads me to another thing...

YOU CAN SAY NO AND NOT DO A THING!

February is InCoWriMo time. 

I have participated in the past. In fact, most of the letters I need to answer are from people I started writing to because of InCoWriMo. 

But this year I am giving it a pass. 

Yep, I'm saying NO! to InCoWriMo. 

And you know what?

It feels really good I am not adding anything else to my plate of things to do. 

I still have several letters I need to answer (and apologize for taking so long to do so), but I am not adding more letter writing to my to-do list. If I was going to get technical I suppose I am participating in InCoWriMo since I will be writing letters in February. But I am not going to try and write a letter a day during the month or add anyone new to my letter writing queue. 

Sometimes it's good not to do the thing - so I'm going for another cup of coffee and answer a couple of letters I already have. 


Comments

Popular Posts