Writing Wednesday - Update

So...

I have not been actually 'writing' on Sanctuary

But I have definitely been doing a lot of mental writing.

One of by BIG issues is my fear of failure, and because of that, my procrastination.

What if the story isn't good enough?

What if no one likes it?

What if I write the story, but don't know how to get it published?

What if, what if, what if.

So I have decided to take a financial plunge and take writing/publishing course online by someone who has been doing it successfully for many years. I'm going to put my money where my dreams are for once.

However, in the meantime, I have been going a further Save The Cat! product review which will released next week. And because of going through this material I pulled out my scene cards I created using Elizabeth George's method and am combining it with my Save The Cat! beat sheets.



So I am really excited to get 'recharged' and 'refocused' on Sanctuary. Which, I may mention now, is it is already going through a retitling to go along with ideas I have for other books in the series. I am now going to title it The Queen's Sanctuary

I am mainly retitling it because future book ideas have gotten the titles The Queen's Huntsman and The Queen's Horseman. And so on as I toy with other ideas.

As you will see in next Wednesday's post, I am back to Save The Cat! and the beat sheets. There are a couple of 'extras' which I will be reviewing. And it will explain some of the integrating I will be doing with The Queen's Sanctuary.












Comments

Popular Posts