Fabric and Fiber Friday

If I had planned better (or were less lazy) I would also be showing a picture of my finished half-square afghan. Right now, it's downstairs, folded over the back of an armchair. I haven't had enough coffee yet and the light is terrible right now (early in the morning here). So it will have to wait until later in the day and I'll show it later in the week.

I am pleased I did add a crocheted border around it. And now that it's been washed it is so soft and cushy. Problem is I was planning on gifting it at a later date, but Lady K has her eye on it.

Speaking of terrible lighting...



I am experiencing 'joy' that Joy is nearing completion. The "X" in the center was giving me issues before. But once I tacked up a flannel sheet on the wall to make a design wall and pinned it up there, I saw where I had gone wrong (slap myself in the head) and it's moving along nicely now. 

I have the pieced outer border to finish up. Of course, the blocks are really intricate and I had a small bobble in figuring it out (still think there is an error in the directions), but it's coming along. 

My original hope was to have it finished by/on the 30th, to be a finish for June, but it's not going to happen. I have a BFF coming for the weekend and I will be doing some cooking today so I don't have to do it while she is here and we can sit and chat and chat and sit.

The menu for the weekend will include Creamy Chicken Enchiladas, Cherry Cheesecake Pie and for Sunday morning breakfast, Blueberry/Peach French Toast. So eating, talking and catching up...great weekend ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts