Tuesday Sundries - Hanging By A Thread

Hot, humid weather and an early morning grocery shopping trip tend to make me want to stay inside. With a fan blowing cool air over my body. Don't worry, I'll keep my clothes on...for now.

Since I have finished up a little cross stitch project for Texter, I needed to pull out my next project I want to check off my HUGE list of projects. So I decided on a trio of projects. But my choice does have a Silver Lining


The three projects are in various stages of completion. 

The one on the left is just started and is a partner to the one of the far right. The center one is entitled "Perfect Partners" and symbolizes a good friend and me. I am the purple iris and she is the daisy - both of which are favorite flowers of each of us.

Problem is, when I was putting things in storage in 2013, I threw all my threads together in one big box (or several smaller boxes - I'm finding thread everywhere). I only had bits and pieces of the colors needed to stitch on these pieces. 

Therefore, Monday morning was spent sorting through floss to see if I could find the colors needed for these projects. 



However, being the compulsive person I am, I wasn't just satisfied with sorting through the floss, I decided to make a list of what I did have on hand. All my needlework projects are in different boxes and most are without their fibers so I will be needing to replace them in order to finish them up. And...

I don't want to spend more money on floss which I probably already have on hand. My goal is to get rid of items, not buy more.

 


With the DMC floss (which is what I mainly used for cross stitch), some of it was already sorted into number groupings. I then made a list of the colors I had (by number) and the number of skeins.

I also have some projects which take what is referred to as 'specialty fibers'...silks and/or overdyed threads.


Those I separated by type and made a second reference list.

The final results are I found 9 of the 27 colors I needed. And I think I still have some floss 'hiding' in various bins. So I can work on the 3 pieces until I make it to a store get the other colors I need. I really want one of those 'percentage off' my total purchase coupons from Joann's or Michaels.

Thus, I am slowly chipping away at my overwhelming stash, skein by skein!


Comments

Popular Posts