Tuesday Sundries - Studying!

There are a couple of components to my '101 Things in 1001 Days' which involve studying. 

You see, I firmly believe you need to keep your brain engaged and should never stop learning. I have a good friend who constantly does the 'Great Courses'.

And believe me, I need all the help I can get to keep my brain ticking over!


These are the books I am starting with in June.

The Invention of Nature by Andrea Wulf is about Alexander von Humboldt, a man who inspired many, including Darwin. What's really interesting is my first eye doctor was in Humboldt, Tennessee, which was named for von Humboldt.

Write Smart Write Happy by Cheryl St. John is one of the MANY books on writing which I have on my shelf and have only glanced through. I will be 'working' through it in June. After all, I need 1000 words a day, 5 days a week.

Genealogy is another area I am interested in. There is a whole branch of my family tree I was unaware of until I was in my teens. And even then, I learned nothing about them. But I am going to use Drew Smith's, Organize Your Genealogy, to get me on the right track. I am going to use Lady K as my base. That way I get 'more' branches to research. There is already an excellent Randolph (my maiden name) family tree and a pretty good Kellogg (my paternal grandmother) family tree done.

Then I get into the 'Spirit' area of my studying.

I have always been interested in numerology and am going to do some basic work in it.

Tarot for Your Self by Mary K Greer will be my course book to start really learning tarot. I had some one-on-one training by a co-worker who also read and did psychic fairs in Dallas back in the early 1980's. But I haven't really 'studied' and become comfortable with the cards.

And I have a TON of both tarot and oracle cards!


So these are the cards I am going to work with during June. The Wild Medicine is more of a reference desk on herbs, but I am throwing it in the mix. 

I am also signed up for the library Sumer Reading Program, so I'll be tracking a lot of the hours I am reading this summer (and winning prizes).

Let's see how this summer goes. I'm excited!



SaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts