Positive Focus Thursday

Some days it's just hard to have a 'sunny' outlook. Especially when the news carries stories on the rise in the suicide rate because we have lost two well-known figures in the past couple of weeks. People who we look to, thinking they have a charmed life.

I find myself in the 'dumps' these days. I know the cause of a lot of it. With the move, we are stretched financially. Texter had a tough time finding a job in the area she went to school for. It's hot and humid (and I don't do either very well.) I still have stacks of 'stuff' everywhere, waiting until we can get bookcases and storage. And...

I could go on and on.

So...

I need to pick myself up out of my pouty self and stop and smell the tomatoes!


My tomatoes (in pots) are doing well. Basil mingled in there is going crazy (need to make Savvy some walnut pesto).

In fact, I need to tie a sprig of basil around my neck to sniff during the day to lift my spirits with a bit of aromatherapy.

And I need to savor moments like these -

Earlier in the week, Texter, Lady K and I went to the library. They had a 'make-it-and-take-it' and Lady K now has a jewelry holder, a project she and Texter worked on together.



And Lady K got a bit of painting in afterward.


Yes, there are still boxes to finish putting away. There is still laundry to do. But one of us had a great time and we all had an hour away from the house, learning out our new hometown.

With Texter now working (and her part-time job, at least this week, has turned full-time!), I have a helper around the house. One who is having a bit of difficulty adjusting to mom now working and being gone all day.


Shaking myself off, I need to do the following -

  • Be sure I'm taking my vitamins (which help with my depression)
  • Check out the 'free' events around town (tons of them)
  • Go to the park early in the morning and THEN come home and do chores
  • Remember to BREATHE and accept it all can't be done in one day
  • Don't focus on chores, but give myself time to do things which bring me joy

One way to accomplish some of the items on my 'list' is to read books like Tovah Martin's The Garden in Every Sense and Season.


I started this book at bedtime last night and I am in love with it. Not only does she urge you to stop and smell the roses, but her prose is worth savoring. 

I think a session on the porch, in the shade, while Lady K makes chalk dust is in order today.

Comments

Popular Posts