Week in Review - June 17 - 23

I'm losing days. 

No, actually I am forgetting what day it is. I haven't slipped into a routine yet, but it's getting there. 

But in the meantime, I feel like I am slowly chipping away at things I want to do. After looking at the 'stash' I have accumulated, my BIG goal is to get WIPs finished. 

This week has been interesting. Lady K and I had a fun time at the library, attending storytime, a "Jump-Bunch" play/exercise group and an African Dance class.

I did a bit of cooking this weekend.

 


A loaf of Sourdough bread. Instead of a cinnamon/raisin filling (because I didn't have either), it was filled with walnuts, banana chips, and white chocolate. It's pretty good - a bit of a different taste.

Since Mr. K was coming up for the weekend, I made a Butterfinger Lush, whose recipe I had shared on Facebook and he was in favor of. I also sent him home with half a peach cobbler since he had brought me a bag of fresh peaches.

And because one of my goals is to drink more water, I made two jars of flavored waters. One for me and one for Texter. I'm lemon and she's cucumber.


However, I also made a jar of cold brewed coffee. I tell myself it is to use up the package of coffee I have here for it, but actually, it's a great afternoon pick-me-up.

Otherwise this week...
  • Found the cross stitch projects I was looking for to start on now that I have finished up the Little Fox
  • Pulled 3 skeins of yarn to use on the crocheted border I am putting on the half-square lap afghan
  • Wrote 5 blog posts
  • Finished 4 books, 1 a reread and 1 a book I had received as a Goodreads giveaway
  • Tidied my desk/sewing table up - I really want to get out my sewing machine next week
  • Volunteered to water the little veggie garden at the library

During the coming week, I plan to...
  • Get ready to see an old friend on Saturday. Lunch will be made for the two of us.
  • Movie and another Seed-to-Feed program at the library
  • Job interview for another branch at the library
  • Plan out and write blog posts
  • Finish up two ebooks, one I had won, another from the library
  • Finish the lap afghan and get it washed
  • Finish the sock which is 2/3 of the way finished
  • Get out the Joy quilt and finish it up
But until then, I will listen to the last couple of hours on an audiobook and freshen my coffee.




Comments

Popular Posts