Week In Review - June 10 - 16

Another week has passed. 

Texter's part-time job was full-time this week. So it was all on Lady K and me to entertain ourselves. So one morning, after dropping off Texter at work, we hit the park before it got too hot to go.





Playing on the playground lasted a little bit, especially playing 'can you see me now'.

Then we decided to take a walk on one of the numerous trails through Nevin Park. They also have a frisbee golf course through the woods.



When you take a walk, you need sticks...


And some stopping and checking out dead worms on the path.


I am loving the landscaping in the park. They have many buddleia 'bushes' which they have limbed up to make 'trees' out of them, much like what you would do to crepe myrtles.


And speaking of parks, we stopped by Carowinds to get Lady K's pass so she can get in free for the rest of the year.


Hopefully, we will all be going soon.

We also practiced on the home phone. Lady K practiced calling Mommy on the phone. We want her to know how to use a phone in case it's needed.


I'm excited as part of my tomatoes (the ones in pots) are going wild, along with the basil (need basil?).


All but two of my tomato plants are part of the Dwarf Tomato Project.  This one should start turning 'purple' at the top and be grape tomato shaped.


Called Ann Dusky Rose, it's covered in blooms and setting fruit like crazy.


This one isn't named yet, just a number, '6048' and is heart shaped. It should be a fun summer with all the different tomatoes. 

I have had one little tomato so far off my tiny Sungold tomato. It looks so sad.

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished 4 books
  • Attended a library program with Texter and Lady K where they made a jewelry hanger
  • Three posts written
  • More craft room organizing (boy, had I forgotten several things I had as WIP)
  • Letter to a friend
  • Switched from Spectrum to ATT/Direct TV package for internet/TV/Phone
  • Knitted on the remaining sock I want to finish up for the month
  • Laid out blocks for a half-triangle lap blanket (Texter needs to work on this with me)
  • Tons of 'walking' Carly. I think she is learning 'out' (to go pee) and 'no'
  • Put all the orchids in the bathtub and really soaked them well

The coming week holds...
  • Finalize layout for the half-triangle lap blanket
  • Layout Joy quilt and figure out what is wrong with what I did on the last strip I sewed on
  • Finish up the sock
  • Finish up the little Fox cross stitch
  • A couple of letters out to friends
  • Trips to park in the afternoon heat to play at the 'sprayground' 

And most importantly, staying cool! The temperatures are supposed to hit the high 90's this week!

But for now, to see if I can make it downstairs and back up with another cup of coffee.




Comments

Popular Posts