Friday Fiber and Fabric - The Spirit is Willing

It's been just a few days over a month we have been back in North Carolina. I have unloaded 99% of the boxes, but need some bookcases and a filing cabinet to actually finish. However, those items are way down on the list of 'to-buy', behind a lawnmower among other things.

In the meantime, I have separated things into bins - fabric/sewing, needlework, yarn, office.


This might be workable if not for this...


Unfortunately, I really didn't label the bins as I was putting them in the closet. Mistake on my part which will have to be remedied. I am at the end of a couple of projects and want to find some yarn to do a simple crocheted border around the half-square triangle afghan I have almost finished sewing together.


I have 4 more rows to seam together and then I want to put a few rounds of yarn around the outside to make it look a little more finished (in my opinion). Simple, mindless work which is about my speed since I think I have a sinus infection starting.

And since I have finished up the little fox cross stitch, I want to finish up another cross stitch project. However, the two I want to work on are in the closet. Right now I have my 'mermaid' out, which is about 2/3 of the way done.


But I don't think the threads I found with it are really the ones needed for this project. But I have enough to work with if I don't unearth the projects I really want to finish up on.

I am ahead of the game on my knitting/crochet projects for the month. I just need to finish up the last 1/3 of a sock after I finish up the half-square afghan. 

Needlework project is done. I need to pull out the two projects I want to finish up on. Which means heading into the closet of doom.

Unfortunately, I haven't touched the Joy quilt yet, but hopefully, over the weekend I can lay it out and finish it up.

So while the month is running down, I am already thinking about my July projects. 

Today will be making some sourdough bread (probably with raisins and nuts if I have any) and the Butterfinger Lush, the latter is for Mr. K, since he is coming for the weekend.

So off for more coffee (I need to make some cold brewed coffee too) to wash down the aspirin so I can feel better and get on with sorting out the last two boxes.



Comments

Popular Posts