Tuesday Sundries - I'm Addicted!

I have found a YouTube channel I am addicted to. And I refuse to hang my head in shame because it's mainly historical, therefore, educational.

Allthemed Docs and Allthemed Docs 2 I discovered because I was looking for shows which feature Lucy Worsley.

Most of the shows, which are mainly about British history, are right at one hour. Perfect for a bit of knitting or cleaning (threw that in just to see if anyone is paying attention). And since I am usually in the bonus/craft room with Lady K, I can watch on my computer while she is playing away and watching Duck Tales or some such stuff.


I finished up this little cross stitch piece which Texter started. Now it's trying to decide which WIP for cross stitch I want to start on.

But before I do that, I want to finish up the tedious seaming on this lap afghan.


The good thing about finishing this afghan is by seaming it together I am actually weaving in the ends of yarn. It's 42 x 48 which is a bit small for my tastes. I will probably pull out more scrap yarn and crochet a border on it. Then I think it will become a gift for someone. 

Something I 'invented' to help with the heat - something besides a no-bake cheesecake with fresh peaches on top - is my occasional drink.

There would have been a picture of the drink...

But I drank it!

Of course, it starts with a bit of Gulch Distilleries Gin. I then add Canada Dry Ginger Ale and Lemonade and top it off with a bit of fresh mint. Light and refreshing.

Another 'drink' I started concocting - sweet tea with a squeeze of lemon and a sprig of fresh mint and a dash of ginger simple syrup. Gives my sweet tea a bit of a 'zing'.

But today it will be some tedious seaming and then an afternoon trip to the library for a 'Seed-to-Feed' program for Lady K.

For myself, more coffee first!




Comments

Popular Posts