Positive Focus Sunday - Holiday Blessings

I am a Grinch.

I don't go all out and decorate, sometimes months in advance, for Christmas. 

I do enjoy gift buying and giving, trying to find something the person would really like. (And picking up some things for myself along the way may be part of the attraction).

But it is also a time for stop and count your blessings and appreciate the little things going on.

For example...


When I carry groceries out to the car for an order we shopped, I like to engage the person a little bit. I don't want to just throw the bags in the car and send them on their way. 

I might ask them 'lasagna for dinner tonight' or 'feeding the kids'. I'll tell them I hope their day is going well. Something other than just deliver, close the door and leave.

So on Friday I took an order out and this wreath was laying in the back of the car where I was putting the groceries. I complimented her on the wreath. I wasn't lying, I do think it's a pretty wreath, and asked if she had made it.

She replied no, but if I wanted it I could have it. It seems she had moved recently and their new door was bigger and she wanted a larger wreath to go on it, so this one was on it's way to Goodwill.

I snagged it out of the back of the car and thanked her. I figured we could use it at home, Savvy could use at her work, something.

As it turns out, the comment was made 'Food Lion colors' and it is now hanging on the wall in the to-go room. And it looks really nice there and brightens up an otherwise very utilitarian room. 

Also at Food Lion...


Red Calla Lilies!

These are my new poinsettia!

I love them and they are actually a bit deeper red than this. I might have to buy one. And one day I'll have a place to put a large print of a Georgia O'Keeffe calla lily.

In the meantime, take a moment to say something nice to a stranger, even a hello can brighten someone's day. And your's too.





Comments

Popular Posts