Writing Wednesday - 2021 Writing Plans

 


It's that time of the year when I crank up plans to continue or start or drop in the coming year. 

One thing I struggled with this past year was feeling like I wasn't 'WRITING'. 

I discover a couple of techniques which have propelled me further along, and I feel better, than in the past, during Preptober and NaNoWriMo. And I have a really solid foundation I think for the story now. But the one thing I struggled with was feeling like I wasn't writing - even though I have been posting to my blog almost daily.

On December 1 I started logging my word count on my posts. As of the 20th of December I had written almost 7400 words! 

Frankly, I was stunned. 

I am writing!

This week I have gone through and worked on my writing plans for 2021.


This is a 2019-2020 planner I am redating as I go along. It is also where I am recording the number of words written during the day. It's also where I am going to go into more detail what I am writing on that particular day and where I stopped. 

I plan on getting with a friend who lives several states away after the holidays and potentially using her as an 'accountability' partner. 

My Hobonichi Techo is where I keep track of my post ideas and whether I have written them or not. That process has worked really well for me over the past 3.5 months. 


In conjunction with my writing plans for 2021, I have been setting up my projects and plans for 2021 in this Erin Condren planner. I want to include some of the things on my '101 Things' list. 

But for now, it's binge watching a bit of HBOMax and setting up my planners for 2021!





Comments

Popular Posts