Week in Review - December 13 - 19

Well...


this week wasn't quite what I had planned or expected.

At work, we have been wiped out for the past two weeks of our management staff, starting with our store manager. They have been on quarantine for covid-19. Some have tested positive, some have not. But we have had people from other stores coming in to assist in running our store due to people being out.

Personally, I was looking forward to having Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off and planning an overnight at Myrtle Beach.

And then came the headache. The massive, my-head-is-going-to-explode, headache. So I went home early on Tuesday. Wednesday I work up with a sore throat and called out. Thursday I went to urgent care and was tested. Sinus infection, not covid-19. But since I have been around people who have tested positive I have been on a 7-day quarantine. 

In some ways it has been good. I have been doing some writing. I have played a lot with Photoshop (which you will see over the next few weeks). Winter sowing has started. 

In other ways I feel like I have let down the 'team' during this holiday season. However, it has also reinforced I really, really to be actually retired.

So this coming week, my quarantine ends on December 23. I am still planning on going to the beach on the 24th. I won't be around anyone, I'll be walking the beach. Probably in some rain, but I will be alone. Except for Texter, who will be going with me. 

Otherwise this coming week...
  • Planning 2021 projects
  • Writing a chapter on Sanctuary
  • Await on 3 packages to arrive - one includes more seeds!
  • Maybe get some letters answered
  • Do some yoga to increase flexibility
  • Eat a lot of ham sandwiches

But for now, it's more coffee and more writing or Photoshop play.




 

Comments

Popular Posts