Writing Wednesday - Won Nano!

 I am sitting in my bedroom in a complete state of chaos because I have decided on my day off to 'redo things'. It's December 1 and I won NaNoWriMo 2020 on the 29th. So I am happily wearing my winners t-shirt I ordered early. It was a bit of a race to get my word count in to win this time around. 


I did have to use my word count from my blog posts during November in order to meet my goal of 50,000 words. I rationalized I was writing and it was time I could have been writing on my novel, but was writing on something else. So I guess I am a bit of a NaNo Rebel.

But I am happy with what I have started. And the method I am using this time around. I still need to finish my stream of consciousness writing on each chapter. I have a strong base and am looking forward to sitting down and doing it. I found, using this method, I am actually pumping out quite a bit of word count in a short period of time because I have a clear path on what I want each scene/chapter to follow. 

November was a struggle to get what I got written, written. I was coming home so exhausted all I wanted to do was to crawl into bed at four in the afternoon. And part of that exhaustion was I am still recuperating from my surgery. 

I did reward myself for passing goals during NaNoWriMo. At 10,000 words I bought plant(s), at 25,000 a new Starbucks mug and for winning I purchased Scrivner to use. 

Moving forward...

Once I get my room back in order (lol)...

I am interested in seeing what my word count is for the month on my posts. So I am going to do word counts on my blog writing. I am also going to work through the tutorials for Scrivner so I can better use it. I know there is a function where I can do side-by-by pages so I can view my current chapter while actually doing the rough draft writing on it. 

Starting on Saturday (my next day off), I will resume my rough, rough draft of Sanctuary, planning on finishing by the end of December. 

Then the first quarter of 2021 will be converting those many thousand words to a usable rough draft and begging/pleading with people to read and edit for me. 

But in the meantime, I really, really need to finish cleaning up my room so I can get to the door so I can go get more coffee! 




Comments

Popular Posts