Whatever Thursday - 101 Things in 1001 Days

One of the things I have done recently is to go back and take a look at my posts and see where there might be a need for some follow-ups. Besides the 'Encyclopedia of Me', the other topic I needed to address was '101 Things in 1001 Days'.

My first attempt at this was back in March of 2009 - almost 12 years ago. I also looked at the list again in 2018, almost three years ago. 


With the world being in a state of limbo, I decided to revisit and update my list based on my current life and goals. I have put together the list based on what has been on the lists in the past and removed some things - like learning to belly dance - and added things to accomplish.

I am cheating a tiny bit in that I am sort-of starting on items on the list now rather than waiting until January 1, 2021. And I have the finish date of September 28, 2023. I also decided to add the list to my day-free notebook in the back of my post-writing planner. This way, hopefully, I will stay on top of the list.

One of the advantages of this list is I am going to allow myself to remove and replace items as they become less relevant. After all, at 63, my belly does its own 'dancing' without me learning how to do it. And at the time I added it, there was a location near me which was teaching belly dancing. That's no longer the case. So I am replacing it with another thing I would like to do.

Here is my update of my '101 Things'...

  1. Buy my own home
  2. Publish my first book
  3. Take a writing workshop - online or in person
  4. Create my author platform online with social media
  5. A week at the beach with the family - rent a house
  6. Work on my family tree
  7. Go to DisneyWorld with Lady K
  8. Create my family cookbook
  9. Put Savvy and Texter's writing and art in book form
  10. Do Ancestry DNA (or something similar)
  11. Write at least one letter once a month
  12. Find a writing group - online or in person
  13. Lose 50 pounds
  14. Have my finished quilt tops quilted and completed
  15. Visit at least 10 North Carolina waterfalls
  16. Visit Biltmore (finally)
  17. Hike 10 North Carolina trails
  18. Visit all the state and federal parks in North Carolina
  19. Visit 12 botanical gardens in North Carolina
  20. Finish one fiber project a month
  21. Do some poured acrylic paintings
  22. Walk part of the Appalachian Trail
  23. Get a bike and bike rack for car
  24. Walk part of the Mountain to Sea Trail
  25. Visit 5 National Parks outside of North Carolina
  26. Take one 'nice' vacation yearly somewhere
  27. Create a garden sanctuary at my new home
  28. Do a $5 challenge or the 52 week challenge (or both) for one year
  29. Get a new Mac Desktop 
  30. Save a $15,000 emergency fund
  31. Take a class at the John Campbell Folk School
  32. Visit Monticello and Mount Vernon
  33. Visit Williamsburg
  34. Visit New York City and shop
  35. Travel back to Montana and see places I didn't see before
  36. Stay 2 or more weeks in another country
  37. Drive the Blue Ridge Parkway
  38. Drive the Pacific Coast Highway
  39. Establish a consistent writing routine
  40. Actually 'retire'
  41. Donate to one charity or blogger or YouTuber a month for 12 months
  42. Take Lady K on a 'rocking' outing
  43. Join an orchid society
  44. Have a greenhouse or sunroom at my new home
  45. Have one outing with Lady K a month
  46. Attend 5 Renaissance Faires
  47. Remake garb for the family 
  48. Visit most of the thrift stores in the area
  49. Attend 5 fiber festivals or mineral shows in one year
  50. Attend a Mannheim Steamroller concert
  51. Attend a TransSiberian Railroad concert
  52. Buy season ticket to musicals
  53. Have a monthly bookstore time
  54. Improve my physical flexibility
  55. Try 1 new recipe a month
  56. Reduce my yarn, fabric and needlework stash
  57. Take 3 quilt workshops
  58. Get another tattoo
  59. Audit classes and/or finish my degree
  60. Learn more about aromatherapy 
  61. Take cooking lessons for cuisine I am not familiar with
  62. Study tarot more
  63. 'Disconnect' 1 day a month, building up to 1 day a week
  64. Try acupuncture
  65. Explore the Seagrove pottery area
  66. Create a new Photoshop tutorial a month
  67. Enter a writing contest
  68. Create my own Christmas cards
  69. Index my journals
  70. Have a spa weekend
  71. Recover the chaise lounge
  72. Create or obtain a 'Green Man' wall hanging
  73. Work on a Botanical Art certification
  74. Have my cards read again by a 'professional'
  75. Set up a vermiculture bin
  76. Be debt free except for my car and home
  77. Decorate and furnish the home based on what I want
  78. Get my own pet
  79. Tone up my flabby arms
  80. Three weekends away with Lady K a year
  81. Decorate my home by season or holiday for a year
  82. Visit Riverbanks Zoo and Botanical Garden in Columbia, South Carolina
  83. Have a bird feeding station(s)
  84. Join a CSA
  85. Start my second book in my series
  86. Create a library/sitting room
  87. Treat my car to a quarterly deep clean
  88. Take Lady K cherry picking
  89. Do a 'big tub' at Elijah Mountain Gems
  90. Flip a piece of furniture
  91. Buy a new sewing machine
  92. Do yoga every day for 30 days in a row
  93. Walk 10,000 steps for 30 days in a row
  94. Go to Farmer's Market once a month for fresh veggies and fruit
  95. Try 10 new restaurants 
  96. Buy a 'nice' leather purse
  97. Take Lady K to a corn maze
  98. Go to Carowinds with Lady K
  99. Visit 5 public gardens in other states
  100. Review this list quarterly
  101. Put $25 in savings for every item completed on this list

Whether or not you really want to do a '101 things in 1001 days' challenge, making a list such as this is a lot of fun. I know some of the items will be combined (like the outings with Lady K), so I'll be knocking 2 or 3 items off at the same time. And I know some of the things won't be accomplished in the 1001 days, but dreaming about them are fun too.

What's on your list? 




Comments

Popular Posts