Week in Review - December 21 - 27


Savvy is now 30.  Christmas is over for another year. New Year's Eve is approaching and bringing with it 2021. 

Covid-19 is still with us and measures which have been taken for almost a year now are still in effect. For myself, I'm dealing. It's for Lady K and how she is having to deal with this 'bizarre' situation I am concerned about and it's long-term effect.

But life must go on - masks and all.

Last week was spent working with Photoshop quite a bit. And thinking about 2021 and where I want to go and where I want to end up by the end of the year. The two big things are (1) a home with a yard and (2) getting my first of many books to the point where I could actually publish it. 

I know there are going to be some changes on what I'm doing - mainly for accountability. Things like no longer tracking my steps, because I know I'll hit over 5000 daily when I work. What I will track are the number of words I write daily - here and on Sanctuary

Better eating habits and more actual exercise are on the list. Really, what I want to do is to initially concentrate on yoga and becoming more flexible. Also,  menu planning in order to save money and to eat better with the eye to losing weight. And the dreaded 'S' word - sugar! I need to try to keep it to a minimum - like only in fresh fruits - and in my coffee and tea.

More time with Lady K. There are a lot of things we can do despite restrictions. Things like driving the Blue Ridge Parkway (30 years in North Carolina and I haven't yet!) and visiting more of the botanical gardens.  Not only will it allow us to spend time together, but I will get to pick up my camera again. And except for gas in most cases, these are 'free' things to do. 

I decided to go down a day early to the beach since I could get even a cheaper rate than I already had. So I quickly loaded up and headed to Myrtle Beach. What a wonderful stay! Part of me wished the girls could have been with me, the other part was enjoying this quiet time alone. 

The hotel was wonderful and my first day there was overcast and rain on and off, but in the 60's. Overnight the temperature dropped about 30 degrees and the wind started blowing like crazy. But I got several hours in beach walking and shell collecting. 

I headed home midday on Christmas Day. It was a bit bittersweet. There wasn't a family together for celebrating the holidays. But then this year has been strange all the way around. 

The two days I was there I did spend working on my writing plans and overall goals for 2021. I feel really good about my plans and how I want to move forward with vigor into this new year. 

So Saturday it was back to work and back to routine. 

This coming week...

  • Celebrate Savvy turning 30 - a Cannoli Cheesecake for her birthday
  • Picking up Lady K after 3 weeks with her dad for the holidays
  • Starting my new planner for 2021 
  • Winter sowing more seeds
  • Packing up seeds to send to Montana

But for now, it's more coffee, grab my lunch and off to work. 




 

Comments

Popular Posts