Week in Review - November 30 - December 6


I actually slowed down a bit this week. I had Saturday and Sunday off with no plans. Lady K was with her dad in South Carolina, so I basically had no plans. 

Saturday I spent 5-6 hours at the computer on Photoshop and YouTube learning some new-to-me techniques and creating what I thought was my Word of the Year piece (more about that later). I haven't sat down and worked with Photoshop in months. And despite my butt going numb and forgetting to stand up and stretch every so often, I had a fantastic time.

I did a much shorter tutorial on Sunday morning with the correct word and did a bit of post writing for the coming week. And planning some future posts. I am also in the middle of a really good book which I am loving - Francis Palmer, Life in the Studio - Inspiration and Lessons on Creativity. There will be a more detailed post on it when I finish the book. It will probably go on my 'WANT' list, if for nothing else than for the photography.

Also this week I made an early birthday dinner for Savvy from a recipe she was interested in - Birria Tacos! They were a success. We have a ton of meat and consume left over from it, so on Saturday after she got off work, I made dinner but the meat on a ciabatta roll with the cheese and toasting it in the oven to melt the cheese. I heated the consume in the microwave and served the sandwich au jus. I think it was a bigger hit than the original taco.

Cooler weather has hit and I have managed to get one plant inside. I do hope to get Christmas presents off my floor so I can move another one inside. It is large and needs to sit on the floor and I don't have much to begin with. 

I also have done a tiny bit of rearranging and cleaned up my Buddha water feature and set a piece of agate for the light to shine through. I really like the effect.

We also hit 300 plus orders again this week at work (huzzah!) and got a second refrigerator and freezer for our service. Which means it hopefully won't get so packed on really busy days.

Otherwise this week...
  • Walked over 5000 steps 5 days
  • Wrote 7 posts
  • Finished 1 book

This coming week...
  • Mail out book club books (a bit late on one)
  • Work on my closet, cleaning it out
  • More Photoshop work
  • 2021 plans 
  • Start setting up planners

But for now, more coffee and off to work!


 

Comments

Popular Posts