Positive Focus Sunday - Renew!




The definition of ‘renew’ is to begin or take up again, 

to make effective for an additional period.  


Bingo!


So there it is, my focus word for 2021 - Renew!


I doubt there is anyone, anywhere, who would argue 2020 has been ‘unusual’. I do have to admit for my family, we have been fortunate. We haven’t struggled as many have. Nor have any of us been sick with covid-19. The worse we have been through, I feel, is Lady K has been unable to attend school as normal. And for her that is difficult. She loves school and this is her social outlet. But overall, we have been so blessed during this time.

However, my goals and plans seem to have been sidelined somewhat. I just haven’t been able to hold onto my focus and drive. Most days it seems all I can do is just make it through the day at work, come home and drop.

Part of that was my health. Nothing serious, but now that the problem has been corrected, I physically feel more like old self. The self before things started dropping which shouldn’t drop. But my desire to lose weight and eat better seemed to have little impact on my day-to-day life. 

Since March, I feel like I have been on autopilot. Just going through the motions which I feel is quite common these days. Most of us are uncertain about the future and what is going to be the ‘new normal’ or when ‘covid’ isn’t hovering over us all.


Unfortunately, there isn’t anything I can really do about the state of the world other than wear my mask when I am out in public. Which means I am wearing one all day while at work. It’s become such a natural thing now, it seems strange not to don my mask when exiting the house. And my real concern is how this event will affect Lady K down the road. 


So part of my NaNoWriMo procrastination was looking over my 2020 goals and plans list. While a few have been accomplished, some have not. Those have mainly been undone because of the funk I have been in for most of the year.

Of course, having some health issues didn’t help any - mentally or physically.


But looking at the list and think about 2021 (who is’t looking forward these days?) I realized they were still legitimate desires. Which prompted my word for 2021.

I plan on renewing my focus on finances and writing. Renewing my love of gardening and supplying myself and my family with fresh veggies and flowers. Renew taking care of myself, physically and mentally. That means planning meals, eating better, relaxing and taking time for self-care. 

It also means to renew a positive focus on what is going on in my immediate world and the world in general. I have a gut feeling things aren’t going to change any time soon. Which will be a bummer, because I really want to take my Montana trip in May/June next year. So I will be putting money aside for it and going forward as if it will happen. If it doesn’t happen, Texter, Lady K and I will be disappointed, but we will go forward. 


I feel renewed!



 

Comments

Popular Posts