Fabric and Fiber Friday - Cats and Quilting

Thursday I called Quiltworx and ordered the 'lost' booklet for my Mariner's Compass. I should get it next week. In the meantime, my work on 'Nebula' aka 'Wandering Stars continues slowly but surely after work.



These are ready for the last piece of fabric to make the triangle needed the blocks. I can't wait to see how the light stars and dark background look when pinned up on the design wall.


This is what is left to sew piece one to piece two (despite a somewhat uncooperative sewing machine at times).


And then it's putting piece 3 to the triangles, trimming them up and laying out the pattern. I have some background squares to cut from the extra fabric I bought. Then a long bout of making 'flying geese' strips.

While 'Nebula' is continuing slowly but surely, the two cats and a mouse pillows are finished.


Stuffed and ready to be handed out to Lady K and Savvy - whether they want them or not! But it is one project crossed off the list.

But now, it's more coffee, packing a lunch, dropping Lady K off at her mother's and then a long day at work. This weekend will hopefully see me finishing up the 'Nebula' blocks, but I have some gardening/yard work that has to get done. And taking Lady K to a birthday party. However, with some Tour de France to be watched, I'm sure I will have some qualify sewing time.

Comments

Popular Posts