Week in Review - July 7 - 13

Hot. 

Hot and humid.

Did I mention hot?

And what am I doing about it?

Working. A 38 hour week with a 40.5 hour week for the coming week, all on Food Lion To Go. Stoked! Can't wait.

Anyway, I have managed to fit in a couple of things other than sweating and not going outside.


I finished the Unicorn Hat for Lady K. She snatched it and wore it to bed Thursday night when she stayed with me. 

And my 'Nebula' quilt is now to the last stage of pieces for the center of the quilt.


A few of the triangles I am going to have to be careful when sewing on the last bit of fabric as I am very, very close to not having enough for the seam. But it will work out. 

I did order the 'missing' booklet for the Mariner's Compass quilt from Quiltworx which should arrive in the coming week. So after I finish up the top for Nebula, I'll go back to the Mariner's Compass and try and pick up where I left off. 

One thing about pulling out my quilting is I have decided since the machine I am working with isn't the best (I can't free motion quilt for example) I am going to use a fellow quilter with a long arm machine to quilt my tops starting the first of the year. My goal in 2020 is to get several of these tops quilted and passed out to family members and on my own bed!

Saturday was spent getting a few chores done and picking up some young banana plants (I have 3 now) and getting Lady K to a birthday party thrown by the family of a classmate.


The party theme was 'Unicorns' and it started out with the kids painting a picture of a unicorn. Then bouncy house fun, a dance contest, a pinata, burgers and hot dogs, and lots of running around. Three and a half hours later I dragged her home, upset because we were leaving. However, Lady K was invited to come back over today and attend another birthday party for the classmate. Huzzah! Garden time for me in the heat!

I met a lovely woman at the party who is a seamstress. She makes 'Bohogami' bags out of recycled materials and wants to teach kids to sew. Which means I have a partner in hitting thrift stores and can take fabric and sewing with!

But at least for this morning, all is quiet in the house.


Animals have had breakfast and are snuggled down for a morning nap. Lady K is still in bed, sleeping off the effects of yesterday's party. I will get a bit of sewing done before the day really kicks into gear.

Otherwise this past week...

  • Hit over 5000 steps 7 days
  • Wrote 5 posts
  • Finished up the cat pillows
  • Shampooed the downstairs carpet

This coming week...

  • Banana bread and maybe zucchini bread
  • Figure out a small batch fig jam for the figs I was given
  • Repot some seedlings to slightly larger pots
  • Collect seeds as flowers and basil set seeds
  • Work on Nebula and get center of the quilt laid out

But for now, MUCH more coffee!



Comments

Popular Posts