Tuesday Sundries - OOPS!

During July, while watching the Tour de France (TDF), I usually work on a fabric or fiber project since I don't just sit and stare at the TV. This year I decided to pull out my Judy Niemeyer quilt projects, of which I have two. 

One of them, which I am already really into, I am missing a booklet from the instructions. Yes, it's that detailed. Eight booklets and paper piecing papers to the pattern. So I am having to order the missing piece.

The other one, Wandering Stars, is actually a 'beginner' paper piecing/Niemeyer quilt. I had the fabric for it already. Texter and I spent an hour or so in the quilt store in 2013 picking out the fabrics.

Then...


I 'read' the directions and cut out my 'star' and 'background' fabrics and sewed up 4 of the 64 blocks I needed for the main portion of the quilt.

Problem?

Well...


Note - the stars are dark and the background is light! I reversed the fabrics when I cut out what I needed.

After a moment or two, in which I threw everything back into the bag and put it back into the closet, I thought about it. It's basically a simple quilt as a Quiltworx design goes. And it's been hanging out in my stash since 2013. 

Then I thought about this...


The stars are light and the background is dark!


Back out of the closet came Wandering Stars and this morning I am at my desk, listening/watching the TDF and setting up my piles of fabric ready to sew the 60 remaining blocks. 

I will have to search my stash for some dark batiks to fill in the background and the flying geese border around the center. But it's not much and very doable. 

Obviously, my quality control supervisors fell down on their job on this project.



So, with the assistance of more coffee, I will be back to setting up stacks of fabric and papers ready to sew together for my 'Nebula' quilt as I have renamed it. Sometimes a mistake works out well.




Comments

Popular Posts