Tuesday Sundries - One Book July

Yesterday marked the start of the 6th Annual One Book July.

What One Book July means is those of us who are planner users, and other multiple planner users, pare it down to using just one book for all our needs. 

Over the years it has been 'one book', 'one project', 'one big thing' and this year it is concentrating on refining our use of Ryder Carroll's Bullet Journal Method.

I am sort of playing along this year, mainly by default. My 'main planner' has always been basically one book. 

But I am trying to squeeze my needs down to the one planner this year. And since my focus for Q3 (Third Quarter) is my finances, I decided to take my budget pages, which I had really been using, and 'tip-in' my planner.



In my Hobonichi, which I adore, there is a blank page at the start of every month. Mainly to set down your goals or decorate or, well, whatever. So I pulled out the pages for my monthly budget from my Happy Planner and taped them into my Hobonichi.


I had to cut the pages down a bit, but it looks like it might work. This way, my budget will be right in front of me at all times. Hopefully, this will be a reminder to track my spending/saving better and to record my every dollar spend. 


It will also give me a better idea of where my money goes and what I spend on monthly bills. Fingers crossed I will be putting August into my Hobonichi in a few weeks because this system works for me better than a separate planner for budgeting.

But for now, it's another cup of coffee and head to the store for grocery shopping before work!

Comments

Popular Posts