Week in Review - June 30 - July 6

Have you ever had one of those days? One where you just wanted a 'do-over'?

Yeah. That was my Saturday.

My brakes needed work and I had it on the calendar to take the Grey Goose in to get it checked out on Tuesday. However, Friday, one of the calipers rusted loose and I was leaking brake fluid. As little as I know (or care) about cars, it meant no brakes. 

Saturday morning I was at Meineke when they opened. And many hours later I now have a huge repair bill (I had other things done at the same time since she was in there). I'm sad.

But to backtrack earlier in the week.

It was all about work. I did slow down a bit to celebrate the 4th of July a tiny bit.


'Tiny Grill' cooked 3 burgers and 2 small chicken breasts. They were for my 4th of July dinner and for lunches/dinner during the rest of the week. Prego now has a Chicken Marsala cooking sauce. I grilled the chicken like Carraba's does. My opinion? It's ok, but making the 'real' recipe isn't that hard when I feel the need for Chicken Marsala.

Friday, I sewed up the two cats and a mouse from a panel I had purchased a couple of years ago.


I only purchased one bag of stuffing, so I need more to finish them off. The mouse is 'unstuffed' still. I'll let Lady K and Savvy fight over the pillows.

Saturday, along with car issues, brought the start of the Tour de France. The opening day didn't disappoint with a photo finish. 

While watching the Tour de France the next 3 weeks, I decided to pull out some 'old' quilting and work on them. The first one was a Quiltworx Mariner's Compass. I started it as a TOM (Technique of the Month) quilt back in 2013, just as Texter started going through her divorce. Needless to say, I didn't get much done. And in fact, I am missing one of the booklets for the pattern. Monday will have me calling Quiltworx to see about getting a copy of it. 

Not only am I missing part of the pattern, but I was using 'scraps' for the pattern, so I am having to recreate it in my mind...from 6 years ago. That's not easy. But I will pull it back out when I get the missing piece.

So then I decided to pull out another Quiltworx pattern, Wandering Stars. And I cut out the paper piecing sheets while watching Season 3 of Stranger Things.


I remember Texter and I picking out the 16 dark batiks and the 8 light batiks for this pattern of dark stars on a light background. Then I ironed and cut out the 'dark star' parts.

The only problem is, what I cut out was supposed to be out of the light fabrics, not the dark. This is why you should try crafting if you are upset about car repairs!

So...

I bundled it back up. But after thinking about it, I think I will pull it back out and continue, reversing the light and dark on the pattern. Of course, it means I will have to buy a bit more dark batik fabric, but that's ok. I think it will look interesting with light stars floating on a dark background.

After I put that up, I started finishing up on the Unicorn cap for Lady K. Almost there! Today should see it finished before I go to work hopefully.

Otherwise this past week...

  • Started one book July #onebookjuly2019
  • Wrote 7 posts
  • Hit over 5000 steps for 5 days
  • 1 book finished
  • Helped Lady K buy a birthday present for a party next week

The coming week...

  • Work, work, work (need to pay off that car repair bill!)
  • Order the missing pattern booklet
  • Get Lady K to the birthday party (or die!)
  • Finish up the Unicorn cap
  • Shampoo the downstairs carpet
  • Mow the yard
  • Hope for some rain in my garden

But for now, it's definitely more coffee.

Comments

Popular Posts