Week in Review - July 14 - 20


After work Friday I picked up Lady K for a couple of days with me while I was off on Saturday. I take her home early Sunday, well 9-ish, on my way to work. It gives Texter a bit of 'time-off', especially since she will be working outside during the heat we have been experiencing.

We ran a couple of errands Saturday morning. I pulled out a bin of fabric and took leftovers from making costumes and boxed them up to give to a lady I met who makes bags. The brocades and faux leathers will be perfect for them. Since I was out, I had a couple of things to drop off to Savvy at work. Spaghetti leftovers, Mint Chocolate Chip Oreos and the cat pillow. 

While there, we strolled a bit and I allowed myself to be drawn into Justice. If you don't have young girls you haven't been exposed to glitter, splanges, sequins on EVERYTHING you wear or carry. I did manage a few minutes at The Walking Company and have found my shoes for work! Now I need the money to pay for them. 

There is a major part of me cringing at the $200 I will be paying for a pair of athletic shoes and an insole. But, oh, boy! The support and cushioning I felt trying them on. So in a couple of weeks on my next pay day I will probably be biting the bullet. Being on my feet 8 hours a day, 5 days a week - walking 10,000 steps or more those days - I need them. Right now I am hobbling home and soaking in the tub every night.

But back to Lady K. 

She had her 6 year check-up this week. No shots, much to her relief. But she is 49 inches tall which is tall for a 6 year old. As in she about the height of a 9 year old according to the doctor. However, she spent most of the time with me in the closet. 

No, she is not reinacting Harry Potter.

I have a large, walk-in closet. I don't have many clothes I hang up or store in there. So it is perfect for moving in a bunch of blankets, pillows, stuff animals and drawing supplies to play. Since there is an outlet just outside the closet, she can bring her pink night light into the closet and have her own cave.

Works for me.


Well, I lost my fight with the HOA. I can keep the plants in the front yard, but the 4 foot wooden stakes, the twine holding the tomatoes up and the chicken wire surround must go. So it was all removed this past week. I now have a bed of tomatoes - literally. They are all laying over. Oh, well.
So I cut some flowers and brought them inside to bright up my sewing room. I realize when I get my 'forever garden' I will need a cutting flower area. I love cutting flowers and bringing them inside.

But back to the trip to the mall, which kind of fits in with my gardening. My favorite candle scents are those which are floral. I stopped into Bath and Body to get my 'free' gift, which was another can of 'sleepy spray' - their Black Camomile Sleep spray. And I picked up a White Gardenia candle on sale. 

After errands were run, and clothes in the laundry, it was a bit of time with my feet up, catching up on my YouTube videos I want to watch. But I am removing the paper from Nebula, getting it ready for the next step.


It's a bit ironic I am working on a quilt I have named 'Nebula' and it's the 50th anniversary of the first man on the moon. 

Otherwise this week...

  • Wrote 7 posts
  • Walked over 5000 steps 7 days. Over 10,000 steps 3 of those days and 2 more I was just under 10,000. See, I need those new shoes!
  • Finished 2 books

This coming week...

  • Another 40 hour week
  • Possibly volunteering with Savvy at Ronald McDonald House one evening, cooking dinner
  • Getting the center of Nebula figured out and start on the flying geese border
  • Pot up the seedlings 
  • Find a coconut husk stake or something for my vanilla orchid to climb up
  • Start repotting the orchids

But for now, a bit more coffee and then off to work. 


Comments

Popular Posts