Whatever Wednesday - Planner Peace?

Yesterday I wrote about this year's One Book July and my plans in my Hobonichi. 

But I lied.

I'm not really, truly, 'one-booking' it. 

In fact, I'm struggling with accepting my planner peace and resisting planner envy. 

My problem is I want them all! Even knowing they don't get used like they are supposed to be used. And with the Hobonichi 'sneak peek' starting in August for September ordering, I am struggling with decisions on my 2020 planner(s).

First off, this is my third year in my Hobonichi Cousin. It lives on my desk by my side at all times. I consult it numerous times a day and it holds reminders, to-do lists, and future events. I also have a Hobonichi Techo which I was using to record my hours worked on my at-home-work.

d

I have already decided I won't be buying this size again for 2020. I don't need it. I didn't take pictures of my Hobonichi Weeks which is my current spending tracker, shopping list, throw-in-my-purse planner. I will probably still use it for the same purpose next year.



This is my current journal. One I haven't been using all that much recently. I am in a journaling-lull. Actually, I think part of my problem is I want to start a new journal. But we will see how it goes.



This is my garden journal. I haven't been keeping it up so much after I planted things outside. But it has been a valuable reference and I will be adding to it.



This is my 5-Year Hobonichi and I have been very good at recording something every day for the past year and a half. I can't wait until the 5 years are up and I look back over 5 years of snippets.

And a planner I got for free (well, I paid shipping) and I am using it to focus my 90-day goals.






This has really helped me narrow in on some of my plans and the reasons behind them. It is also for a 3 month period, a technique which I first learned about from Sarra Cannon on YouTube. So I will see how it goes through September.

A couple of 'fails' planner-wise are my Happy Planners I bought (40% off) at Michaels.



My budget and my 'other' planner. I started in them and found myself not using them. So, right now the budget one is getting deconstructed and placed monthly in my Hobonichi. The larger planner will be turned into a writing planner a'la Sarra Cannon and how she uses an old planner for plotting and writing tracking. I think it will work well for me for that, especially with NaNoWriMo looming on the horizon.

So I am trying to ignore my planner envy, especially since Texter just got a new Happy Planner in my presence. I am holding out for September and ordering my beloved Hobonichi. And they now have a notebook the same size as my cousin which will give me the pages I want for notes. 

Come on, September!




Comments

Popular Posts