Whatever Wednesday - August Goals

Well, actually month two of the third quarter.


And my main focus is still on the dollar. 

Still not as 'dedicated' as I would like to be. However, the good news is that I am now basically working 40 hours a week at work. 

The bad news is I am basically working 40 hours a week!

However, with Lady K staying with her mom most of the time this summer, it has worked out really well for me to come home and collapse. But school starts soon. So I have to look at making some adjustments back to having Lady K here.

So...

I am going to try a 'No Spend' in August which is actually a bit silly as we still have to buy a few school supplies and clothes for Lady K. I also have a wedding to attend and 'I have nothing to wear' has raised its ugly head.

As far as the wedding is concerned, I do have a couple of dresses and shoes. They will work. Maybe not as 'festive' as I would like, but guess what? No one has seen them before here! Plus, I'm not the focal point of the wedding, so why spend dollars on a dress I won't wear again for months and months.

I also have planned ahead for school supplies/clothes (sort of). 

But for myself, no frivolous spending!

I also need to rethink my food spending/planning. I have to rein in my grocery store purchases and think out my food needs much better. There are several reasons for this. One is with Lady K back in the house, I need to feed her and think school lunches and after school snacks. Two, I am not utilizing my food in the best manner possible. I need more lunch plans and fewer dinner plans. Getting home at 6:30 or 7:30 p.m. I'm not hungry, so I'm not really eating dinner. 

That said, I am not forgetting I have to maintain some relaxation/creativity or I will not be my best person.

Therefore, for August...

  • Tighten up my budget
  • Log finances daily
  • No spending on unnecessary items
  • Complete 'Nebula'
  • Complete my Halloween Witch cross stitch
  • Start repotting some of my plants
  • Plan for Lady K being here

But for today, it's spending some time with Lady K and a bit of plant play. And hoping for rain.





Comments

Popular Posts