Week in Review - July 21 - 27

Whew!

What a week it has been. Another full-time week and my feet are feeling it. I do have a couple of things I am doing to help and one of them should arrive on Monday from Amazon. A foot massager!
I can't wait to try it out.

Anyway...

I did a bit of rearranging upstairs in the bonus room where my computer and sewing table live. I removed the twin mattress we were using as a 'couch' and I brought up my armchair and ottoman, a couple of side tables and my lamp. I have been enjoying sitting there in the evenings and doing some needlework.

One of my fiddle leaf figs is sitting on one table by the window and I have room to leave my needlework on and still have room for my glass of iced tea. 

Speaking of plants...




I do believe I am growing 'balls'!

My Balloon Milkweed, which has these huge, tennis ball sized 'balloons' which are the seedpods, is what really attracted me to this plant last summer when I saw it at Oakdale Greenhouses. I have about a half-dozen of these growing in pots. I can't wait for the seed pods to form. 

The plant may or may not overwinter, depending on how cold it gets, but I will try. I will probably repot the plant into something a bit larger in the fall.

Another couple of plants I picked up this week are ones I have been 'stalking' at my local nursery.


Although I will probably never get a coffee bean off of it, I have a coffee plant. I need to find a larger pot for it this coming week.

The other one, I have been wanting for months now after seeing a large one at the greenhouse in bloom. They have had some 'babies' in the back and they finally got tired of me asking about them and I came home with 'da-Rose'.


A tiny Desert Rose or Adenium obesum. I really need to start using the correct botanical names for my plants.

I also picked up some bamboo stakes to start attaching my vanilla orchid to. Of the five cuttings I bought, at least two have taken off this summer.

Wednesday, my day off, I spent the evening with Savvy and some other GameStop employees fixing dinner at the Ronald McDonald House here in Charlotte. 

First off, it is a beautiful facility and the kitchen area is to cause envy in the heart of even a non-cook. Once a month, this group comes to the house to prepare dinner for the people who are using the facilities to save them the effort of having to fix dinner on their own. It was a great evening.

Otherwise this week...

  • Got my hair cut (much cooler now)
  • Cut out the remaining Nebula quilt parts and have started sewing them together
  • Hit over 5000 steps 6 days
  • Sorted fibers for eBay
  • Wrote 5 posts
  • Finished 4 books
  • Planned post topics for next week

This coming week...
  •  Another 40 hour week
  •  Lady K to her dad at the end of the week
  •  My foot massager arrives!
  •  Sew on the flying geese border of Nebula
  •  Work on the Halloween witch cross stitch
  •  Repot some plants
  •  Mow the yard (yuck)
  •  Pull the 'parts' for the t-shirt quilt for Savvy

But for now, it's definitely time for more coffee!



Comments

Popular Posts