Food and Fun Friday - Better Eating Starts (Sort of)

So it's been two days since my surgery. Two days where I have eaten very little. Nothing like having body parts removed to kill an appetite. 


While I am off work for the next six weeks, I am using this time to really look at my diet and make some changes. I do need to drop some weight which will 'fix' some other minor health issues. I would really love to be like my grandmother and be in my 90's and taking only a jigger of Jack every day. No meds for anything health wise.

I know me and I know I can't just go headlong into a new eating style. So I have thought and thought about what I want to do. Savvy also wants to eat better and since I am here and cook, she is more than willing to support me in my endeavor.

This summer I have done meatless meals. And I survived! Actually it was pretty darn good and I didn't miss have a meat protein. So my meal plans will included 2 meatless meals during the week. 

Fish and seafood is something I need to get more of. So I want to do at least one meal a week where I have some sort of seafood. 

Actually, when I say 'meals' I am also talking about leftovers too. My leftovers usually get carried to lunch the next day. 

And since I will be off on a few Saturdays now, I want to go to the Farmer's Market to buy veggies and fruits. It always inspires me to cook and eat better. Plus, Lady K loves walking around the market. An apple picking trip is planned while I am off too.

Believe me, sweets are not off the menu! But I have found if I cook desserts, I will eat less of them. I plan on a cookie tray to take in to co-workers later in my time off. I was 'a bit' of a bear before I left for my surgery and it's my way of saying sorry. Plus Texter and Savvy have tagged me in numerous cookie recipes recently. 

But for the next few days it will be milkshakes and soups - both of which make me feel better. 

Comments

Popular Posts