Writing Wednesday - Reading Other Writers

If you are a fantasy fan, reading The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and finished by Brandon Sanderson is a must. 

Now those are books! Hefty books! It took me almost two years of listening to audio books to make it through this 16 book series. I didn't listen back-to-back, there were breaks throughout the listening, but I loved this series. 

So what next?

I was late coming to most of fantasy and science fiction. In fact, I was in my 20's when I was introduced to Anne McCaffrey - and it wasn't her dragons I started with. So there are many notable authors I really want to read. With my impending surgery and time off, I decided I would take up my next author I wanted to explore. 

So whose books did I decide to check off my list?


I have actually had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Brooks and I did have a signed copy of one of his books. I met him at Miscon a few years ago. My book didn't survive the fire. 

So I decided to fill in the blanks and start reading all his books. 

Don't worry, I have a ton of other reading to get through too and not just by Terry Brooks. Actually, I am making it my 2021 goal to finish all his books. I think that will be a reasonable quest.

Comments

Popular Posts