Seedy Saturday - 'Falling' Into Gardening

I have finished clearing out the old tomato and pepper plants from this summer. The garden looks a bit bare right now compared to a few weeks ago.

However, things are growing and some of it is experimental.

I transplanted some Chinese Cabbage (have no idea why) and some red romaine lettuce.




I have snipped off some lettuce leaves and hopefully can keep it going even if the temperatures are still in the 80's during the day. Luckily, the past few days have been cloudy and, at times, a bit misty.

Also, and I haven't taken a picture, is a seed tray with two types of lettuce starting. I'll plant them out in the cleared tubs when they get bigger.


Kale seedlings I direct sowed into a tub. Actually, dummy me left the seed packets out on the covered patio where they got dampened by rain.

The 'experimental' part of my fall garden are green beans.




I am hoping I can get them up and producing before our first frost which should be about November 9. Because of how sheltered the side yard is, it probably will 'resist' frost longer than it normally would. I'm holding on to that thought since I have a HUGE plumeria and avocado now which will need protecting.

Onions and sugar snap peas are on my list of seeds to find, along with some garlic. 

Nothing may come of this fall garden, but it doesn't bother me that much. It's all about trying and seeing what happens. 

Besides, I'm already thinking about spring!

Comments

Popular Posts