Week in Review - September 14 - 20

 Boy!

What a week!


Last Monday was my last day at work for six weeks! Yep, six weeks. Because on Wednesday I had surgery. A hysterectomy. 

It all started in mid-May with 'POP' (pelvic organ prolapse) and what seemed like more doctor's visits than I've had in my whole life, it ended on Wednesday with surgery. Something I never, ever thought I would need. 

Anyway...

I am healing fine, but it is a battle between my brain and my body. 

You see, my brain is saying '6 weeks off! Let's get this and this and this and this...done!' My body is going 'are you f***ing stupid!'

So it has been a battle to actually rest. Of course, being uncomfortable and sore does help. I figure I will finally learn how to do so about the time I return to work.

The weather has been accommodating by turning into fall almost overnight. The past few days it's been in the 60's during the day and dropping into the 40's at night. Which means I need to start finding places for plants inside!

Before I had my surgery I did manage to get most of the garden cleared out and the 5 Glencoe Raspberry bushes planted into two large tubs. They are trimmed back and ready for 2021 (aren't we all).
So I have sat for a few minutes outside, enjoying the sunshine on the patio and listening to the fountain. 

To keep myself 'resting' I have been watching the last few days of the Tour de France.

Normally, it is run in July. However, due to covid-19, it was rescheduled for the end of August into September. It has been a really great race this year despite all that is going on. So it did help keep me still and healing for a few hours every day. 

Mr. RaceCar and Lady K came over on Sunday and drove me to the grocery store for a quick restocking. It didn't take long to realize I'm not as energetic as I thought I was. We did, however, find a Spiny Backed Orbweaver spider in the yard. I haven't seen one of these before. Based on the 'spines', it's a she, not a he.


A great advantage of being off and 'resting' is I have finished four books this week. I did abandon a couple books. I have also started on my Terry Brooks 'Read the Backlist' books.

Needless to say, I haven't walked over 5000 steps most of the week. Although on the Sunday and Monday prior to leaving work, I did manage almost 20,000 steps.

Seven posts were written this past week, a trend I hope to keep up. I also went through the bookmarks on my computer and reorganized and clean up and out most of them. So many were years old and I haven't looked at them since I bookmarked the pages. Many were not even available any longer.

I have also pulled out some yarn and working on a simple afghan. Nothing too difficult for my tired brain at the present time. It might turn out to be a gift for a co-worker later on. Depends. 

For the coming week...

  • More rest and relaxation
  • Followup visit to the doctor at the end of the week to see how I'm healing
  • Trip to the library to pick up some books on hold
  • Start on some end of the quarter/starting Q4/2021 plans and project thinking

But for now, I'll finish off this cup of coffee and back to bed for a pre-breakfast nap. Because I can!





Comments

Popular Posts