Food and Fun Friday - Halloween Dresses and Meal Time

 Savvy and Texter where about first or second grade when my mother made some Halloween dresses for the girls. They wore them a couple of times and I stored them in the hope chest, thinking they were too precious for them to wear more.

Mom had appliquéd scarecrows on the front of the dresses. And for twenty years almost, they have been in the chest. So this week I pulled them out. Lady K is the right size for the dresses. And why should they be folded up in the chest for another 20 years?





















When I talked to Texter, she had forgotten about them and didn't realize I still had them. And was excited to let Lady K try them out.


Even if she can't wear it to school, because they wear uniforms, she can't still enjoy it around the house. And is loving wearing the dress, one that her mother and aunt wore. Especially since this Halloween is going to be a bit less than normal due to covid-19.

And since I am at home now for the next 5 weeks (1 already down), I have started cooking more as my energy level picks up.


I (or Savvy) came across a recipe for air frying chicken wings with a Lemon Pepper sauce from The Slow Roasted Italian. 

While I don't want to mess with Mr. Arizona's air fryer, and the fact I didn't have chicken wings, I used the sauce and preparation method on chicken thighs in the oven.

It's really good.

I also had in the freezer some butter beans which I cooked up while the chicken was in the oven. I added a little salad (some of the lettuce is from the garden) and a couple of slices of sourdough garlic bread. 

Granted I am supposed to be cutting out carbs and I have both bread and butter beans, screw it. It was a great meal. And I have leftovers!

Since I am off on the weekend now, a trip to Farmer's Market will take place on Saturday! Apples! Cider!

A new soup recipe is in the queue for this chilly, rainy weekend we are expecting. Stay tuned! 




Comments

Popular Posts