Whatever Thursday - Screw Pumpkin Spice Latte!

 Yes, it's that time of the year. 
Pumpkin Spice this and Pumpkin Spice that.
Don't get me wrong. I love a slice of good pumpkin pie or pumpkin muffin (with cream cheese from Starbucks).
But for me it's these...



Scuppernong Grapes!
They are only available for a very short period of time - far shorter that PSL and it's million and one variations.
Scuppernong grapes have a thick, tough outer skin which is discarded. To eat one, or the way I consume them, is to pop one in my mouth. Squish the insides out and spit out the skin, swallowing the insides like a huge ball of jelly.
We do get some in at the grocery store, but mainly I purchase them at local Farmer's Markets. I love them and will go through a few pints in the few weeks and then nothing until next year.
But never fear...

Apple Cider time is here!





Comments

Popular Posts