Seedy Saturday - Saving and New Growth

 Tuesday, before my surgery on Wednesday, I did a few last minutes things in the garden.

Raspberries in tubs

I put five raspberries in two of the large tubs and cut them back. One of the raspberries seems to have been nibbled on, but the other four look really good. Hopefully, this coming summer Savvy and I will be harvesting some raspberries.

I did discover an 'unknown' bunch of seedlings growing in a pot.

unplanned seedlings

I am not sure what this group of seedlings is. It might be catmint. Or it could be lettuce or kale. Only time will tell.

Now that I am back home I am having to curb my gardening to more sedentary activities.

piles of seeds on plates

These are mainly pepper seeds. There are some fuchsia morning glory seeds. I'm waiting for some red salvia seeds to dry, along with some basil seeds.



envelopes

I invested in some little envelopes to save the seeds in this year, especially since I want to send some to other people.


This set of pepper seeds look like they might be viable. Hopefully, I am saving them correctly. I have a lot of peppers out on the patio which need to be 'saved' in the next few days. That's something I can do while taking it easy and sitting down. 


This is one of my garden 'buddies' all shiny and bright colors when you look at him up close. 

But for now it's deciding what I need to bring inside as the temperatures are supposed to drop into the 40's at night. 















Comments

Popular Posts